Once you’ve downloaded, printed, and posted a Park(ing) sign, please take note of the location and add it to the Park_ingOttawa Google map.
Here’s how to add a location:
- Go to the Park_ingOttawa Google Map and click on the red “Edit” button on the left.
- Click on the “Add Placemaker” icon near the top of the map.
- Drag the placemaker icon onto the map at the location of your Park(ing) sign.*
- Create a title for your location. To help others reference the site on twitter, please consider including the #neighbourhood code and street/cross street (format #[two-letter code][two-digit number] street/cross street, eg. #CT02 Elgin/MacLaren). If you’re not sure, please label the street and cross street and a moderator will add a #codename for you.
- In the description box, add the first line: “THIS PARKING SPACE COULD BE:” and then fill in your ideas.
- When done writing, hit OK.
- Click done when finished editing.
* This is the icon used to indicate the original sites posted by Park_ingOttawa. You may use any other placemarker for your location.
Note: This map is currently set to open collaboration so anyone may contribute. Please be respectful of the contributions made by other participants and take care to not remove any existing content.
#location_codes by neighbourhood:
- #AV__ Alta Vista
- #BW__ Byward Market
- #CT__ Centretown
- #CW__ Centretown West
- #CH__ Chinatown
- #GL__ Glebe
- #HB__ Hintonburg
- #KA__ Kanata
- #LT__ Lower Town
- #NP__ Nepean
- #NE__ New Edinburgh
- #OE__ Old Ottawa East
- #OS__ Old Ottawa South
- #OR__ Orleans
- #SH__ Sandy Hill
- #VN__ Vanier
- #WB__ Westboro
If your neighbourhood is not listed above and you are posting a sign, please leave a comment below with a two-letter code and it will be added to the list. Our apologies for any oversights.